Cabbage is not only rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and other essential vitamins-but it’s eating it is also supposed to bring you good luck in the New Year. Try this Cabbage-Pineapple Slaw recipe to get your 2017 off to a healthy start and good luck may come your way.
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Red Delicious apple (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- Cabbage leaves (optional)
- Apple slices (optional)
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Combine drained pineapple, shredded cabbage, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice and mayonnaise; add to cabbage mixture, tossing gently. Cover and chill.
- To serve, spoon mixture into a cabbage leaf-lined bowl, and garnish with apple slices, if desired (cabbage leaves and apple slices not included in analysis).
Recipe and photo credit: http://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,10000001732771,00.html