Looking for a healthy snack to munch on during the big game? This Guaca-Bowl-e Nachos Stadium Recipe will be the life of party.
- 8 ripe fresh avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 black olives, pitted
- 8 baby carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro, reserve 10 additional leaves for garnish
- 1 bag (13 oz.) tortilla chips
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar or jalapeño jack cheese
- 2 small bell peppers, different colors, seeded and cut into small squares to resemble flags
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl combine 7 avocados, lime juice, onion, jalapeño pepper, and garlic. Mash to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the guacamole into a 6-cup rectangular dish (or aluminum foil carry-out container); smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Place the dish of guacamole in the center of a large platter or tray. Scoop the sour cream into a small plastic bag. Snip a tiny piece from the corner; pipe lines on the guacamole to resemble a football field. Pipe lines on one olive to resemble a football; place in center of the field.
- Pare down one end of each of 4 baby carrots and fit one end of each carrot into one of the remaining black olives to make football players with helmets; press “players” into the field. Slice remaining 4 carrots crosswise and reserve for garnish.
- Sprinkle the edges of the guacamole with chopped cilantro.
- Place half of the tortilla chips on two large foil-lined, baking sheets. Top with half of the cheese and bell peppers. Top with remaining chips, cheese and peppers. Bake 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Working quickly, place the tortilla chips around the guacamole, mounding them up on the outside edges to appear as stadium seating.
- Sprinkle chips with radishes, remaining cilantro leaves, baby carrots and chopped scallion. Cube remaining avocado; add to nachos as garnish.
Recipe and photo credit: https://www.avocadocentral.com/avocado-recipes/super-guacabowle-nachos